- This event has passed.
February 13 | 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Join the Austin Civic Orchestra in its February installment of The Beat Goes On, a series of virtual events featuring ACO musicians organized into chamber ensembles.
This hour-long concert features 9 ensembles comprised of Orchestra members and their families. We observed the tighter restrictions in the Austin area for COVID-19 by reducing the size of the ensembles as well as contributing to recording projects remotely. Several of the ensembles selected works by Black composers in celebration of Black History Month.
The program includes:
- Bipperies, No. 1, 6, and 9 by Lowell Shaw (Horn Duo)
- Give Life Back to Music by Thomas Bangalter & Guillame Emmanuel de Homem-Christo (Percussion Ensemble)
- Jeanne Y Paul by Astor Piazzolla (String Quartet)
- March from Second Suite in F major by Gustav Holst (Bassoon Ensemble)
- Over the Rainbow and Wonderful World by Harold Arlen, George Weiss and Bob Thiele (Cello and Ukulele Duo)
- Purpose by Anton von Sehrwald (Guitar and Viola Duo)
- Quintett, Op 56, No. 2 in g moll by Franz Danzi (Woodwind Quintet)
- Sonata for Die Bankelsangerlieder (Brass Quintet)
- Sonata No. 4 from Centone Di Sonata by Niccolò Paganini (Guitar and Violin Duo)
- The Sorcerer’s Apprentice by Paul Dukas (Bassoon Ensemble)
Here is a link to the concert program.
None of this would be possible without your continued support and donations. If you would like to make a donation, please click here.