Summary of Responsibilities
- The PR & Marketing Manager is instrumental to increasing our public profile and concert attendance.
- This person works with the ACO Board of Directors and other staff in setting and executing a marketing & public relations plan to achieve this goal
- Tools used will be the Austin Civic Orchestra’s website, social media channels, printed materials, and earned media.
- For all activities, the manager works within budget allocations as established by the ACO Board of Directors.
- This is a part-time, contracted position at $25/hr. Average expected monthly hours are 15-30.
- Create and implement season advertising plan in accordance with designated budget
- Write content for ads, coordinating with the ACO Art Director and graphic designer for required artwork
- Ensure ACO-controlled communication channels are up-to-date for each concert
- Maintain list of free community calendars and post concerts to those calendars
- Create content / post to ACO social media channels (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Create content for the ACO’s email marketing and implement campaigns; partnering with ACO Development Director as needed
- Monitor analytic reports to strategically improve communication effectiveness
- Manage the development of the season program and other marketing materials, coordinating with the staff and board to prepare content, and with the ACO Art Director and graphic designer to produce the final products
- Secure corporate sponsorships for season program, coordinating with ACO Development Director
- Partner as needed with third-party or affiliate channels to improve concert attendance
- Maintain list of contacts in TV, radio, print, and online media; foster relationships
- Write and distribute press releases for each concert
- Secure radio, digital, and print coverage of the ACO
- Research ways that ACO events fit into future media plans and pitch stories
Business Management & Administration
- Respond to ACO email and phone messages that are specific to marketing and PR
- Report monthly progress at the ACO board meetings
- At least 2 years of experience in communications, public relations or media relations
- Experience working with a non-profit board and in the non-profit sector
- Excellent writing skills and ability
- Proven ability to lead and execute communications and marketing strategy
- Positive attitude and ability to work well with others
- Passion for community, classical music, and the Austin Civic Orchestra’s mission
The Austin Civic Orchestra (ACO) is a non-profit civic organization devoted to bringing quality classical music to the Austin community, as well as providing a musical outlet for professional and non-professional musicians alike. The orchestra performs six to eight concerts each season, all of which offer programming to suit a wide variety of musical tastes, from traditional classics to pops and most everything in between. Presented at assorted convenient locations in the Austin area, the relaxed atmosphere and affordable cost have proven appealing to our community.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $4,500.00 – $6,000.00 per year
A cover letter is needed with the resume. Send both to email@example.com.