The Austin Civic Orchestra employs part-time workers as needed to fulfill duties vital to the organization’s success. The following position is currently open.
Development Director Needed for a Dynamic Community Orchestra
The ACO Board of Directors would like to hire a Development Director to coordinate the fundraising activity for the orchestra. The contract position compensates at $25 an hour with the expectation of an average of 20 hours of work each month.
- Based on fundraising goals established by the ACO Board of Directors, create and implement fundraising strategy for the Austin Civic Orchestra
- Create and maintain a fundraising calendar that consists of current funding sources as well as potential funding opportunities and donors
- Submit all appropriate grants and other fundraising applications (such as Amplify Austin) and follow-up on all applications
- Attend any required training and informational meetings required by grants and fundraising activities
- Maintain documentation required of all grants and fundraising activities and provide any requested documentation
- Maintain sponsor relations throughout the season
- Distribute free tickets to sponsors for each paid concert
- In off season, contact local businesses to advertise in the season program.
- Establish and maintain regular communication with grantors and donors regarding activities of the Austin Civic Orchestra
- Submit the required end of the funding period paperwork
- Report monthly to the ACO Board of Directors
- Maintain a current list of donors
- Attend ACO functions as directed by Board of Directors
- Proven track record of fundraising expertise
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours, concentrated work times as needed
The Austin Civic Orchestra (ACO) is a non-profit civic organization devoted to bringing quality classical music to the Austin community, as well as providing a musical outlet for professional and non-professional musicians alike. The 80 member orchestra performs six to eight concerts each season, all of which offer programming to suit a wide variety of musical tastes, from traditional classics to pops and most everything in between. Presented at assorted convenient locations in the Austin area, the relaxed atmosphere and affordable cost have proven appealing to our community.
Interested applicants should submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.