The Austin Civic Orchestra (ACO) is looking for someone to help us usher in a new era of education, outreach, and amazing music. While we are busy sharing our talents with the Austin community, you will be the driving force behind our future performances. This important position offers a thoughtful, innovative individual the opportunity to make new contacts, nurture existing relationships, help us strategize, and most importantly, secure funding to ensure our continuing mission to bring high quality and affordable classic music to the Austin community.
The development director will:
- Create and implement a funding strategy for the ACO.
- Create and maintain a fundraising calendar that consists of funding sources, potential funding opportunities, and donors.
- Submit all appropriate grants and other fundraising applications (such as Amplify Austin) and follow up on all applications.
- Attend any required training and informational meetings required by grants and fundraising activities.
- Maintain documentation required of all grants and fundraising activities and provide any requested documentation.
- Maintain sponsor relations throughout the season.
- Distribute free tickets to sponsors for each paid concert.
- Establish and maintain regular communication with grantors and donors regarding activities of the ACO.
- Submit the required end of funding period paperwork.
- Report monthly to the ACO Board of Directors.
- Maintain a current list of donors.
- Attend ACO functions as directed by the ACO Board of Directors.
We will pay $25 an hour on this contracted position with the expectation that you will work an average of 20 hours a month.
The development director position requires the following skills and abilities:
- Proven track record of fundraising expertise.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, concentrated work times as needed.
A little about us…
The ACO is a nonprofit civic organization devoted to bringing quality classical music to the Austin community, as well as providing a musical outlet for professional and non-professional musicians alike. We are an 80-member orchestra that performs six to eight concerts each season, all of which offer programming to suit a wide variety of musical tastes; from traditional classics to pops and most everything in between. Presented at a variety of convenient venues in the Austin area, the relaxing atmosphere and affordable cost of ACO concerts have proven appealing to our community.
Please send your professionally formatted cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you!