Director of Annual Giving & Stewardship
The Austin Civic Orchestra (ACO) is looking for someone to help us usher in a new era of education, outreach, and amazing music. While we are busy sharing our talents with the Austin community, you will be the driving force behind our future performances. This important position offers a thoughtful, innovative individual the opportunity to make new contacts, nurture existing relationships, help us strategize, and most importantly, secure funding to ensure our continuing mission to bring high quality and affordable classic music to the Austin community.
The Director of Annual Giving & Stewardship will:
- Create and implement an annual giving funding and stewardship strategy for the ACO.
- Responsible for the strategy and execution of local and national giving days. Examples include, but are not limited to Giving Tuesday, Amplify Austin and end of season appeal.
- Develop annual fundraising goals based on funding need of the organization
- Managed development budget.
- Create, maintain and execute the annual giving fundraising calendar
- Update and maintain our donor CRM – Submittable
- Maintain steward and cultivate season sponsors
- Establish and maintain regular communication with individual donors, sponsors and foundations regarding activities of the ACO.
- Report monthly to the ACO Board of Directors.
- Attend ACO functions as directed by the ACO Board of Directors.
The Director of Annual Giving & Stewardship position requires the following skills and abilities:
- Proven track record of fundraising expertise in annual giving and stewardship.
- Ability to create donor-facing materials in partnership with marketing director and graphic designer.
- Seasoned fundraising strategist with a focus on ROI
- Experience working in a board setting
- Self-starter who can move into the role quickly with minimal onboarding.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, concentrated work times as needed.
A little about us…
The ACO is a nonprofit civic organization devoted to bringing quality classical music to the Austin community, as well as providing a musical outlet for professional and non-professional musicians alike. We are an 80-member orchestra that performs six to eight concerts each season, all of which offer programming to suit a wide variety of musical tastes; from traditional classics to pops and most everything in between. Presented at a variety of convenient venues in the Austin area, the relaxing atmosphere and affordable cost of ACO concerts have proven appealing to our community.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $500.00 – $650.00 per month
Expected hours: average of 20 hours per month @$25 per hour.
Send resume with cover letter to email@example.com.