March 26 | 7:30 pm
The Austin Civic Orchestra is partnering again with the University of Texas at Austin for the 7th annual Texas Rising Stars concert at Bates Recital Hall. The winners of the Butler School of Music’s String Concerto Competition perform concerti accompanied by the orchestra.Camille Saint-Saëns’s Bacchanale from Samson et Dalila and the U.S. premiere of Roydon Tse’s Sinfonia Concertante are also on the program.
This collaborative concert between the Butler School of Music and Austin Civic Orchestra was conceived by UT Professor Brian Lewis and is funded in part by the David and Mary Winton Green Chair in String Performance and Pedagogy. All are welcome to donate to help support the cost of production.
- Concerto for Violin and Orchestra, Mvt I by Aram Khachaturian — Corina Santos, Soloist
- Violin Concerto No. 3 in B minor, Op. 61, Mvt I by Camille Saint-Saëns — Sara Aldana, Soloist
- Essay for Orchestra, Op. 12 by Samuel Barber
- Bacchanale from Samson et Dalila, Op. 47 by Camille Saint-Saëns
- Sinfonia Concertante for Percussion and Orchestra by Roydon Tse
For parking information, click here.