- This event has passed.
May 13, 2018 | 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Get ready for some fun during this concert at the AISD Performing Arts Center. In addition to performing P.D.Q. Bach’s hilarious 1712 Overture, the ACO welcomes guest bass trombonist Michael Johnson as well as two guest composers: Anthony Iannaccone and the 2016 winner of our biannual composition contest, Lee Actor. In addition, the audience will be invited to participate in John Cage’s (in)famous 4’ 33”.
In connection with the 1712 Overture performance, audience members can view a free art show featuring works that Austin-area students created while listening to the piece as part of the ACO’s Paint to Music contest. The art will be on view in the lobby and in a slide show in the auditorium before the concert.
- Divertimento for Orchestra by Anthony Iannaccone
- 4’ 33” by John Cage
- Dance Rhapsody by Lee Actor
- Concerto for Bass Trombone by Thom Ritter George, featuring Michael Johnson on bass trombone
- 1712 Overture for rather large orchestra by P.D.Q. Bach and festively edited by Peter Schickele
- Symphony No. 4 “Heroes” – V. Neuköln by Philip Glass
For parking information, click here.