February 3, 2018 | 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Every year the ACO travels north to Georgetown to perform in Southwestern University’s (SU) Alma Thomas Theater. This year’s concert features music by George Gershwin and Libby Larsen as well as the winner of the 2017 SU Concerto Contest, cellist Isabel Tweraser. Guest artist Toby Blumenthal will perform the haunting second movement from Samuel Barber’s piano concerto.
Get insight into the music at a pre-concert talk from 6:30-7 p.m. in the Instrumental Rehearsal Room on the 2nd floor of the theater.
- Cuban Overture by George Gershwin
- Deep Summer Music by Libby Larsen
- Hungarian Rhapsody for Cello by David Popper, featuring Isabel Tweraser on cello
- Piano Concerto, Canzone: Moderato by Samuel Barber, featuring Toby Blumenthal on piano
- An American in Paris by George Gershwin
For parking information, click here.
NOTE: Admission is free to SU students, faculty and staff. Show your ID to the usher.