- This event has passed.
October 24 | 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
This concert was brought to you in part by our title sponsor: Kiel Schmidt of Realty Austin
Join the Austin Civic Orchestra in its second installment of “The Beat Goes On,” a series of virtual events featuring ACO musicians organized into chamber ensembles – strings, wind and brass quintets, duets, and solos. The program includes music by Bach, Hailstork, Holst, and more! The concert will be streaming on our YouTube and Facebook pages.
The program includes:
- Rhythmic Variations on Two Ancient Hymns by Howard Hanson
- Bassoon Set, Mvts. II & III by Adolphus Hailstork
- String Quartet No. 1 in F Major, Op. 18, I. Allegro con brio by Ludwig van Beethoven
- What a Wonderful World by George David Weiss and Bob Thiele, arr. Slechta
- Prelude No. 1 by George Gershwin, arr Stewart
- “Petite Suite” for Bassoon Trio, Overture and Gallop by Aaron Robinson
- Chahagir for Viola Solo, Op. 56a by Alan Hovhaness
- A Punta y Taco by Jose Carli
- Halloween Night: The Witches and Pumpkins by Fabrizio Ferrari
- Sinfonia 13 by J.S. Bach
- Miniatures by William Grant Still, arr. Lesnick
- String Quartet in D Minor, Op 9 No. 4, I. Moderato by Franz Joseph Haydn
- Tango d’Elinora by David McKewon
- Six Studies in English Folk Song by Ralph Vaughan Williams
- 2-Bit Contraptions by Jan Bach
- Agua de Beber (water to drink) by Antonio Carlos Jobim, arr. by Shuster and Fry
- Elsa’s Procession to the Cathedral, from Lohengrin by Richard Wagner
- Brook Green Suite, III. Dance by Gustav Holst
Link to view the entire concert program.
None of this would be possible without your continued support and donations. If you would like to make a donation, please click here.