- This event has passed.
June 11 | 8:15 pm - 9:30 pm
Note: Due to the high temperatures expected in the Austin area on June 10 and June 11, both performances of From Stage to Screen have been canceled for the safety of our musicians, their equipment, and the audience.
Join the Austin Civic Orchestra for this free concert at the Zilker Hillside Theater. This year we feature the music that made a successful transition from the stage as a musical to a full screen movie. Bring your blanket or low chair with plenty of water to sit on the hillside in the setting sun to enjoy the concert.
As is the tradition, we end with Sousa’s The Stars and Stripes Forever conducted by the raffle winner. This could be you!
The program includes selections from :
- Cats – music by Andrew Lloyd Webber and arranged by Bob Lowden
- The King and I – music by Richard Rodgers and arranged by Bob Lowden
- “A Chorus Line” – music by Marvin Hamlisch and arranged by Bob Lowden
- Chicago – music by John Kander and arranged by Ted Ricketts
- For the oppressed: Ukrainian National Anthem – music by Mykhailo Verbytsky and arranged by Keith Terrett
- Fiddler on the Roof – music by Jerry Bock and arranged by Felton Rapley
- The Sound of Music Selection for Orchestra – music by Richard Rodgers and arranged by Robert Russell Bennett
- Les Misérables – music by Claude-Michel Schönberg and arranged by Bob Lowden
- The Stars & Stripes Forever March by Sousa
This concert is part of the Austin Civic Orchestra’s 2021-22 season, Reunited. Throughout the season, you will hear beloved classics alongside new and eclectic works.